Tuesday 1 October 2013

Being Mary Jane by Gabrielle Union

Entertainment News


 
Image from vibevixen, only1spotlight

After losing the role of Olivia Pope on ABC's 'Scandal' to Kerry Washington, Gabrielle Union landed a much sought after role of Mary Jane Paul in the new hit TV episode ''Being Mary Jane".which premiered a 2 hr special on Tuesday, 2nd of July 2013 at 10:30 p.m. on BET Channel.

According to Eonline, even though she didn't get the part, Union says she drew inspiration from the fact that this kind of role was available to her.

During her interview with Associate press, she reveals:
 "I said to myself, 'Oh my God, these roles are out there. It showed me that you don't have to settle. Luckily, the success of her and the show bred more work. Just from the audition process, I knew that I couldn't go backward."

"I didn't get Scandal, but I got something better—which is my own show. It's all about building a legacy. This new opportunity is something I feel that can grow."

Gabrielle a talented and successful actress has starred in many plays and movies like Think like a man with Kevin Hart, Deliver us fro Eva with LL Cool J, Bring it on with Kirsten Dunst, Bad boys II with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence plus played a medical doctor in the CBS drama series City of Angels.

Gabrielle Union plays 'Mary Jane Paul' in the new movie/ comedy drama series 'Being Mary Jane'. During the annual Upfront presentation to the advertising community where BET Networks revealed its new programming, including scripted programs and original movies for both BET and CENTRIC as well as new web series for BET.com, BET has this to say about their new movie for “BET PREMIERE CINEMA”....

'This is a story to which millions of modern women will both relate and respond. Mary Jane Paul has it all: she’s a successful TV news anchor, entirely self-sufficient – an all-around powerhouse who remains devoted to a family that doesn't share her motivation. As Mary Jane juggles her life, her work and her commitment to her family, we find out how far she’s willing to go to find the puzzle pieces that she, and society, insist are missing from her life as a single Black female. '

"If you loved me for one thing and may not have liked me in something else, this role gives the audience a chance to see that I can do more than one thing," ....Gabrielle Union

It was reported that the 2hr long pilot’s big premiere on the 2nd of July drew in 4 million viewers and a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating. Congratulations Gabrielle.

Sneak Peak!!!

Sneak peek from bet.com




No comments: