Thursday 9 June 2022

Journey Home

 

True Story

After a lovely weekend. ..I ended it with a crazy Monday and Tuesday. First the stupid storm that hit the south east left me enjoying the country side in two different buses for hours. I'd nvr seen so many sheep and wind turbines in my life...plus light green coloured river.

Finally, I made it to Ashford International. ...nobody on the darn train knew if it was going to St Pancras or somewhere else - it was too freezing cold outside the train so we all sat on the train which was waiting for minutes on end at the platform.  I couldn't be bothered either to go find out. 

Image:chatelaine.com

After logging a suitcase that had a mind of it's own plus a heavy backpack on my back in the freezing cold for hours - I was ready to follow the train wherever it was going rather than come off to check where it was going. Besides, this was the only train on the platform. It doesn't seem like any other was coming and it was toe curling - freezing cold. I guess everyone on board was feeling the same. By the way why are buses in the country so expensive. 

On getting home,  I spent the rest of Monday and the whole of Tuesday hugging my radiator, figuratively speaking, as it was very hot. Then the whole of Wednesday attacking my computer....it's Thursday, am looking forward to what today will be like. 
I can't stop sneezing, I think I caught cold!!!!

By OGN Okafor
Copyright (first edition publishef on 31/10/14  04:04am  FB) 

No comments: